Friday, June 29, 2007

camp... again














I had a wonderful two weeks at camp, and I'd like to share some highlights with you. See my last post to find out more details about the camp and the leadership program in which I participated.

Here are some excerpts from my journal:

I am absolutely thrilled to be here. God is ministering to my heart as I minister to others. It is such a privilege to be a CILT, and I am trying to make the most of it by being the love of Christ to those around me. God is bringing ministry opportunities to me, just as much as I can handle. It is so exciting to be able to make little differences in people's lives.


"Rejoice in the Lord always... the Lord is near." I want my attitude to be one of wonder-- at who God is, at what He has planned for me, at what He has created, and at how much He gives me that I do not deserve. I want to appreciate every moment in its full potential, and to see God's hand at work in the smallest details. What could be better than that?


















l-r: Kayla, Lily, Bryant, me, and JoHannah


















All the girls in my cabin
























Oh... camp photos! Why are they always so goofy?


















The graduates!


















me, Johannah, and Kayla


















All the staff have "bird names." Now that I am a new staff member, my name is "Kestrel" at camp.


























The lovely quilt from camp t-shirts that my mother made as a graduation gift for me.



















My mother and I together at staff Bible study, for the first time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Kestrel! I love the pictures!!! It was sooooo wonderful to be at your graduation. I'm very proud of you and love you so much!